KR Wind Turbine Ltd. – Website Social Media Privacy Notice
KR Wind Turbine Ltd., and KRV Drone Services Ltd., will be referred to collectively as; KRWT for the purpose of condensing wording throughout this notice. (“KRWT“, “we“, “us” or “our“) respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, share, and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice only applies to personal information that we collect through our KRWT social media channels (“Social Media”) and is applicable to data subjects in Europe only (although similar rights may apply in some countries outside of Europe). For personal information that we collect when you use or interact with our services, please see our Contacts privacy notice. If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
3. What does KRWT do?
We provide a 1 stop company where our existing and new clients can look to and, find all the project support requirements they need for their projects, with our teams in various countries who are on hand to provide their professional and experienced support to our client’s requirements. We make sure to provide our clients with competent, reliable, and dedicated trained employees who are committed and passionate about what we do to ensure you have the right people in the right place, at the right time to fully support your requirements.
For more information about KRWT, please see here
4. What personal information does KRWT collect and why?
By visiting and interacting with KRWT Social Media, KRWT may collect personal information about you. We may use this information and other information we hold about you (for example collected through our Social Media or your employment with us if you are an employee);
• to establish or improve business relations
• assess job applications
• to send you communications we believe may be of interest to you (where we have your consent to do so)
• to help us improve our Social Media pages and your experience of using them, for administration purposes and for legal compliance.
KRWT may also monitor comments and questions and other postings you make on Social Media so we can respond to them. We may also monitor postings to protect employees and others against illegal activities or behaviour by users of these pages which could be damaging or distressing to others and to protect KRWT’s reputation and confidential information.
If you are an employee or consultant of KRWT’s, we may also monitor Social Media to verify that KRWT’s policies are complied with, including our IT use, Social Media use, data protection and security policies.
Employees and consultants of KRWT using this Social Media service should also refer to privacy notice policy.
We use multiple social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+. These are hosted by the social media platforms. Please see their privacy policies available on their Social Media sites for more information on their use of your personal information.
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily.
Certain parts of our Social Media may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily: for example, we may ask you to provide your contact details in order to register an account with us, to subscribe to marketing communications from us, and/or to submit enquiries to us. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Information that we collect automatically.
When you visit our Social Media sites, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Social Media, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Social Media, where they come from, and what content on our Social Media is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Social Media to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology”.
Information that we obtain from third party sources.
In general, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice or for purposes that we explain to you at the time we collect your personal information.
5. Who does KRWT share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- To our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Social Media), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information.
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; (iv) to investigate and manage actual or alleged violations of law.
- To a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- To any other person with your consent to the disclosure
6. Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. Revision: 02 Date: Nov 2019 Content property of KRWT. This document is uncontrolled once printed. You can request a copy of KRWT’s Management System for the current version.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person e.g., in response to lawful requests by public authorities (including for tax, immigration, health and safety, national security or law enforcement purposes).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
7.Cookies and similar tracking technology
8. How does KRWT keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
9. International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our Social Media providers e.g., LinkedIn may have servers that are located around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information it may be processed in any of these countries.
However, we have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Notice. These include:
- reliance on the EU-US Privacy Shield (under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation) or Standard Contractual Clauses to facilitate data transfers to third parties in the US who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it; and
- implementing internal data transfer agreements to facilitate data transfers to KRWT companies outside of the EEA; and
- KRWT implementing a range of organisational and technical security measures, such as cyber security training, role-based access, and encryption, where appropriate, to ensure personal data is secure.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
11. Your data protection rights.
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the European Union, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. If you are a visitor from outside the EEA, similar rights might apply. If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in Europe can be accessed here.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
12.Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical, or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws. Last updated: November 2019.
13.How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
The data controller of your personal information is KR Wind Turbine Ltd., and its affiliates, which is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. For further information please see the Information Commissioner’s Office